Another Earth (Movie)


"On the night of the discovery of a duplicate Earth in the solar system, an ambitious young student and an accomplished composer cross paths in a tragic accident." (IMDB.com)

I stumbled upon the film "Another Earth" after looking for movies that starred the writer/actress/storyteller Brit Marling. When Netflix cancelled Marling's TV series The OA, which I highly recommend, I decided I needed more of this fantastic person in my life. After looking past the shaky homemade early 2010s movie style, this science fiction movie asks us to wonder what would happen if suddenly everyone was aware of the existence of  a parallel universe. And if there was another Earth, would you being willing to travel there? That all depends on your point of view and it's mostly certainly never the same answer for everyone. Marling's characters reasoning for why she would go is deeply moving, despite the tragic reasons she ended up in her situation. I would definitely recommend this if you are a fan of sci-fi and Brit Marling.



Kelsey Fitzgerald
Library Assistant

Available at the Langley Adams Library
This movie is rated PG-13

Comments