Death by Dumpling by Vivien Chien


“The last place Lana Lee thought she would ever end up is back at her family’s restaurant. But after a brutal break-up and a dramatic workplace walk-out, she figures that a return to the Cleveland area to help wait tables is her best option for putting her life back together... once the restaurant’s property manager, Mr. Feng, turns up dead―after a delivery of shrimp dumplings from Ho-Lee. But how could this have happened when everyone on staff knew about Mr. Feng’s severe, life-threatening shellfish allergy? Now, with the whole restaurant under suspicion for murder and the local media in a feeding frenzy...it’s up to Lana to find out who is behind Feng’s killer order...before her own number is up.”(Goodreads.com) 
I don’t usually read cozy mysteries, but when I saw that Chien’s theme was different types of Chinese food, I was instantly hungry. Death by Dumpling is the first in the Noodle Shop Mystery series. Since I am not a frequent reader of cozy mysteries it wasn’t too predictable to me. I enjoyed the story but I don’t think I will continue with the series. I recommend this book if you like cozy mysteries that are based on a theme.

Meghan McCabe
Children & Youth Services Librarian

Available at the Langley Adams Library

Comments