Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy: A Graphic Novel: A Modern Retelling of Little Women by Rey Terciero


“2018 marks the 150th anniversary of the classic Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. Join Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy as they are re-envisioned as a blended family living in modern day NYC in this beautiful, full-color graphic novel that's perfect for fans of Raina Telemeier's Smile, Svetlana Chmakova's Awkward, and Victoria Jamieson's Roller Girl.”(Goodreads.com)

‘Little Women’ is near and dear to my heart. I love the book and the films, so naturally I would read the graphic novel. It was interesting to see little women portrayed in the present day. I liked that the characters reflected the diversity of families and addressed the issues that we face today. It wasn’t my favorite adaptation of ‘Little Women’ but I think it would be great for younger readers to be introduced to the March family.

I recommend this graphic novel if you are interesred in LGBTQ coming out stories, or if you’d like to read a shortened version of ‘Little Women’ depicted in current day situations.

Meghan McCabe
Children & Youth Services Librarian

Available at the Langley Adams Library

Comments