Grace and Fury (Grace and Fury #1) by Tracy Banghart


Serina has been groomed her whole life to become a Grace - someone to stand by the heir to the throne as a shining, subjugated example of the perfect woman. But when her headstrong and rebellious younger sister, Nomi, catches the heir's eye, it's Serina who takes the fall for the dangerous secret that Nomi has been hiding.

Now trapped in a life she never wanted, Nomi has only one way to save Serina: surrender to her role as a Grace until she can use her position to release her sister. This is easier said than done. A traitor walks the halls of the palace, and deception lurks in every corner. But Serina is running out of time, imprisoned on an island where she must fight to the death to survive and one wrong move could cost her everything.” (Goodreads.com)

I got this book in an Owl Crate subscription box. I wouldn’t have normally chosen this book to read but I wanted to give it a try. The suspense kept me wanting to read well after bedtime. I liked that the book split between the two perspectives of the sisters, and the romance was an added bonus. I didn’t know that this book was a part of a series. I got a little nervous toward the end, not knowing how they would resolve the major issues with so little time. I’m not sure that I will continue the series but I really enjoyed this book.

I recommend this book if you enjoy series with strong female characters, dystopian societies, and plots where characters go through self reflection and discovery.


Meghan McCabe
Children's and Youth Service Librarian

Available through the MVLC Catalog


Comments