The Lost Hero (Heroes of Olympus #1) by Rick Riordan


Demigods and monsters and quests, oh my!


I loved the first Percy Jackson series, ‘Percy Jackson and the Olympians’. I recommend it to everyone. It has great character development, fun adventures, and cool Greek mythology twists. When I heard that there was another series I was more then ready to join Percy and his crew on their new adventure. The first book in the ‘Heroes of Olympus’ series doesn’t start with the characters we already know and love, but introduces the reader to three new characters: Jason, Piper, and Leo. Each has their own secret they carry, and it’s exciting to see how each one unfolds. The reader gets a short stop at Camp Half-Blood, but as soon as they arrive they are sent on a quest. In true demigod fashion. The book draws you in much like the first series and your on the edge of your seat asking yourself: How will they save the world, again!? Wait, there are demigods who don’t live at Camp Half-Blood? Can the monsters get any worse? I’m excited to see where this series will take our new and old demigod friends.


I read the book and listened to the audio book. The audio book is great. The narrator has a voice for every character and it doesn't feel childish.


I recommend that you read this book if you loved the first series, enjoy Greek mythology, and if you like series that has a group of kids work together to overcome a big issue.

Meghan McCabe
Youth Services Librarian

Available at the Langley Adams Library

Comments