Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer


Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close is about a nine-year-old Oskar Schell, who’s father is killed in the September 11th attacks. He is on a journey to solve the mystery of a key discovers in his father’s closet. This journey leads him into the lives of strangers all over New York City as well as into the history of the Dresden and Hiroshima bombings.*

Whenever people ask me what my favorite book is my answer is always Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. It is a book that I keep coming back to for a few different reasons. The first being how the book is set up, it is beautifully written with accompanying pictures. The other reason is no matter how many times I read it I find something new to relate to because there are multiple narrators. The book has sad parts but there are also moments that are happy, humorous, touching and philosophical.

Kelsey Fitzgerald
Library Assistant

Available at the Langley Adams Library
*Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - Goodreads

Comments